Friday, August 22, 2008

I've lost my faith in the Chinese system

Yes, I'm not afraid to say it out loud: today I lost my faith in the Chinese system. For months, years, I've been always defending the good ways of the CCP, defending China from ruthless attacks with the Tibet, human rights, or other not so glamorous issues.

But today all my trust and hopes fade away; today, in none of the more than 60 TV channels that we have access to, they broadcast the Olympics basketball semifinals game between Spain and Lithuania. Four channels are almost entirely dedicated to the Olympics: CCTV1, CCTV2, CCTV5 (now renamed CCTV Olympics), and CCTV7. And instead of this crucial match, they are showing athletism, the women ping-pong's final, another ping-pong match not live, and a female hockey game...
I have managed to dial the US Sports Network TV channel with TVUplayer, but the quality is awful. And I blame the CCP for this...

1 comment:

Tomas-Kristin said...

Querido Julio,
Qué pena! Sé como te sientes porque a mí tambien me han pasado cosas parecidas. Es para tirarse de los pelos, no?
Como ya habrás leído, fué un partido impresionante. Yo tuve la suerte de haber podido verlo en alta definición, y te aseguro que es algo que deberían sacar en DVD y Blu-ray. Marca tenía una portada muy bonita ese día, con dedicatoria anticipada para Fernándo Martín y Antonio Díaz Miguel.