Thursday, June 14, 2007

Agatha Ruiz de la Prada in Shanghai

Yesterday was a rainy day, and sick of a whole day stuck in front of the laptop, I decided to go to the presentation cocktail of Agatha Ruiz de la Prada in Shanghai, an event that was finally arranged at the Shanghai Sculpture Space on the other end of the city (for me, living in Pudong, West Huaihai Lu IS the other end). It is funny how difficult it may be to organize an original event here in Shanghai, even for such a unique character as Agatha: it was the same catering (Ion & Sara), the same wine (Torres wine) and the same faces as at any other Spanish events here. I don't mean by this that is wasn't good, on the contrary it is always a delight to taste Ion's delicious octopus and gazpacho, and anybody who knows me also knows that I love Penedes wine. And I simply cannot complain about the people, after such a long time here we know each other so well, it's like a friends reunion. My only concern is that in a city with more than 17 million people, there should be more alternatives to Spanish events than this. On the other hand we are still a very tiny minority, with a colony of around 1,000 heads...

I guess that if I ever bring a collection from Spain here, my only alternatives for the opening are gonna be Ion for the food, Torres for the wine, and the same people as usual. Not bad, I can always say that I used the same catering and PR as Agatha Ruiz de la Prada!

PS. Agatha was an excellent host, she personally came to me to know about my life here and so on. I forgot to mention to her that at my wedding I wore one of her ties!

1 comment:

Lara said...

No pictures of her? ;o)