Saturday, November 04, 2006

Brief update in the middle of the 4th term

I can hardly remember when was the last time that I wrote something here. It is not that I've been busy (I have), but because the workload comes now from many different sources: apart from the usual workload at school, this term with intensive three-weeks courses that require us to be fully concentrated and read alot, I am enrolled in the team that will represent the school at Confluence, the B-school competition that takes place yearly in Ahmadabad, India (IIM). We've been working on case studies and business simulations all these weeks, but this is not all...
 
We have also been busy with the final touches, ideas, design and organization of La Casa de España en Shanghai, an association for Spanish and friends of Spain in Shanghai. Apart of being the initiator (together with David and Alvaro), I am actively involved in all the details, because I've taken this as a personal project. We are also working closely with other classmates from CEIBS, the friends at BBVA (Jose Carlos and Ramon), the people of Linkpoint Europe (Juan, Miguel and Veronica), and some other hardworking people. The first event is to take place in two weeks, Nov. 18h in La Verbena, in a typical Spanish event (i.e. food, drinks and friends). I won't be there because that week we will be flying to Delhi, on our way to Ahmadabad.
 
And last but not least, I am deep into the job hunting season, however it has been quite disappointing so far, with most of the Chinese classmates having several offers to choose from, and the overseas students not finding anything suitable (i.e. that does not require to speak fluent Chinese). There are also not many positions in marketing... But I keep the faith: still 4 months to go...

No comments: